Knowledge management and Product development (WuP)
Project duration: 03/2001 – 10/2004
Project code number:
Funding guideline: Lernkultur Kompetenzentwicklung
At the starting point of the project, education providers in Germany faced the fundamental challenge of accounting for their continued raison d'être due to the comprehensive reforms of employment promotion and continuing vocational training for jobseekers during this period. The providers, shaped by the structures of the Employment Promotion Act, had to face the market mechanisms of the SGB III after the Hartz reforms and at the same time find their role in a society increasingly shaped by technological change and more fluid individual educational biographies. Their services and corresponding organisational structures had to change just as much as the individual competences of their staff.
It was also necessary to implement findings from the theory and practice of the "learning organisation" in educational enterprises. The comprehensive theoretical discussion within the framework of the BMBF programme "QUEM" under the heading "Learning Culture Competence Development" was a stimulating framework for development in many respects.
Target groups and their benefits
The WuP project was aimed at educational institutions and their employees as well as the community of education experts.
The WuP project aimed to shape knowledge management and product development in a market-leading training company with intensive employee participation and in a future-proof way. Strategies and operational procedures of knowledge-based product development were developed with the organisational development staff unit at bfw headquarters and transferred into new standard procedures and organisational principles. The prototypes of the development were tested in the Thuringia pilot field.
Role of ISOB
ISOB was active in the project as an innovation consultant for the bfw and as a development partner for the scientific support.
Products and publications
- Conducting an Initial Study Pilot Field Thuringia
- Erarbeitung von Beratungspapieren im Projektverlauf zu Innovationsmanagement, Wissensmanagement und Produktentwicklung sowie Konzeption von Arbeitspapieren und Publikationsskripte im Rahmen der wissenschaftlichen Begleitung (Prof. Schäffter und Team)
- Erstellung eines Abschlussberichts für Programmleitung und Entwicklungspartner mit umfassender Aufbereitung der praktischen und theoretischen Ergebnisse
- Germany: bfw Berufsfortbildungswerk des DGB, hauptverwaltung
- bfw Berufsfortbildungswerk des DGB, Zweigniederlassung Thüringen
- Germany: Arbeitsgemeinschaft Betriebliche Weiterbildungsforschung (QUEM) in Berlin
- Wissenschaftliche Begleitung: Prof. Ortfried Schäffter, Humboldt Universität Berlin
- Germany: Institut für sozialwissenschaftliche Beratung GmbH