Selbstständiges Lernen von Schlüsselkompetenzen in Tourismus KMU (TouriSME Comp)
Project duration: 12/2014 – 11/2016
Project code number: 2014-1-RO01-KA202-002766
Funding guideline: Erasmus+ KA 2
Tourism is a key industry in many European countries with high potential for growth and employment. However, especially in new destinations, the quality of services often falls short of the expectations of international guests. One reason is the lack of qualification of the employees, which goes hand in hand with low income levels.
Target groups and their benefits
The workplace is the most effective place for adults to learn. That is why the TouriSME Comp project is aimed at counsellors, hotel and restaurant owners and managers who are responsible for the training of employees in the tourism industry.
The TourSME Comp project aims to professionalise the continuing education of tourism workers by following the European concept of "competences for lifelong learning".
Role of ISOB
ISOB coordinates the needs analysis in the project and supports the development of the learning materials. In addition, ISOB documents the reactions of the users in the learning management system and evaluates the feedback.
Products and publications
- Country-specific needs analysis
- Conception of a handbook for consultants, hotel and restaurant owners and managers as well as learning materials for employees
- Development of a learning management system to pilot the concept
- Romania (project coordinator): Fundatia pentru Promovarea Intreprinderilor Mici si Mijlocii Brasov
- Croatia: Supera poslovno upravljanje d.o.o., Zagreb
- Portugal: Associação Empresarial Viana do Castelo, Viana do Castelo
- Turkey: Gazi University, Ankara
- Germany: Institut für sozialwissenschaftliche Beratung GmbH