Educational Potential of the Gamification Transmedia Learning in the Promotion of Soft Skills for the Labor Market Incorporation of Disabled People with University Degree (LABOTRANS)
Project duration: 01/2018 – 08/2021
Project code number: 2018-1-ES01-KA204-050430
Funding guideline: KA2 Cooperation for Innovation and the Exchange of Good Practices
A large proportion of students with disabilities do not find a job in their chosen field of work after graduation. Several studies show that people with disabilities have a better chance of success in finding a job if they have good social skills.
Target groups and their benefits
The LaboTrans project is aimed at people with a disability (except a total visual impairment, because the project idea requires this ability) who have not found a suitable job five years after graduating from university. They will be trained in generic, transversal and social skills through a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) and a gamified learning programme with augmented reality. This is expected to improve their chances on the labour market, as skills such as empathy, creativity, time management, teamwork and conflict resolution are in high demand by companies.
The LaboTrans project aims to empower graduates with disabilities in transversal skills to improve their employability and pursue their desired work tasks. The project will comparatively test the usefulness and effectiveness of a MOOC and a gamified learning platform.
Role of ISOB
ISOB takes over the internal evaluation in the LaboTrans project and supports the development of the products. The evaluation aims to determine the usefulness and effectiveness of the method training and to make the results and learning insights available to the general public.
Products and publications
- Study on learning needs and options
- MOOC on transversal competences
- Gamified and augmented reality supported learning platform on transversal competences
- Final report of the internal evaluation
- Spain (project coordination): University of Alicante Foundation
- Romania: Vasile Alecsandri University of Bacau
- Greece: niversity of Thessaly
- Spain: InGenio Labs
- Spain: Foundación ONCE for Cooperation and Social Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities (FONCE)
- Germany: Institut für sozialwissenschaftliche Beratung GmbH