Empower Women Entrepreneurs (Inspire Us!)
Project duration: 11/2018 – 10/2020
Project code number: 2018-1-CY01-KA204-046915
Funding guideline: Leitaktion „Zusammenarbeit zur Förderung von Innovation und zum Austausch von bewährten Verfahren”
Women start up less frequently, smaller and more out of necessity because they otherwise lack self-confidence. Women are involved in the founding of only four out of ten companies. Moreover, studies show that investments are less frequent in "women-owned businesses".
Target groups and their benefits
The project Inspire Us! is aimed at aspiring female entrepreneurs between the ages of 25 and 40 who have developed important soft skills and expertise through their employment and are in a phase of indecision about starting their own business. In addition, women are addressed who have already made this decision for themselves but lack the motivation and strength to continue their project.
The aim of the Inspire Us! project is to empower young women and to strengthen and encourage them on their way to starting a business. For this purpose, an innovative further education programme and target group-specific tools are being developed that tie in with models of current practice and introduce women to the "winner" mentality so that gender equality is achieved.
Role of ISOB
ISOB is responsible for theongoing internal evaluation and quality assurance using quantitative and qualitative methods. The scientific accompanying research runs along a defined indicator system. Furthermore, ISOB supports the development of the competence matrix and the collection of policy recommendations, which are compiled in a report.
Products and publications
- Development of a competence matrix for women founders and entrepreneurs and establishment of policy recommendations
- Development of a Professional Aptitude Assessment (PIA) tool
- Design of a training and empowerment programme to promote female entrepreneurship through a learning management system and dissemination of the project results.
- Cyprus (project coordination): GrandXpert Consulting Ltd.
- Portugal: Storytellme
- Greece: Four Elements
- Italy: Cesie
- Slovenia: PIA Velenje
- Germany: Institut für sozialwissenschaftliche Beratung GmbH
- Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Amberg-Weiden