A European University-Business Alliance aiming to foster the entrepreneurial spirit of ICT students (ICT Entrepreneur)
Project duration: 09/2014 – 08/2017
Project code number: 2014-CY01-KA203-000299
Funding guideline: KA2 Strategic Partnerships for Higher Education programme
Unemployment in Southern Europe continues. Meanwhile, even university graduates are finding it more difficult to enter the labour market. A proven driver for economic growth and job creation is investment in start-up support. Since the share of young entrepreneurs in Southern Europe is still low, initiatives are to be developed for this target group.
Target groups and their benefits
The ICT Entrepreneur project is aimed at students and graduates of IT degree programmes who are to be enabled to start a business.
The ICT Entrepreneur project aims to increase the proportion of entrepreneurs in IT degree programmes by developing a training concept to promote start-ups in IT degree programmes and making the programme accessible to educational institutions and regional actors. The aim is to transfer the good case studies from the northern countries of the European Union to southern Europe and thus promote the performance of the regions. Central partners here are incubators and business incubators.
Role of ISOB
ISOB is responsible for internal quality assurance and coordinates data collection and evaluation of user feedback in the learning management system.
Products and publications
- Conducting a study on the state of development of IT start-up support in Southern Europe
- Development of a virtual training programme and its piloting and evaluation
- 100 IKT-Studenten und -Absolventen in ganz Europa
- Cyprus (project coordination): GrantXpert Consulting Ltd
- Cyprus: AS Cyprus College Ltd.
- Spain: Fundación Empresa Universidad de Alicante de la comunidad Valenciana
- Portugal: Universidade da Beira Interior Covilha
- Great Britain: University of Gloucestershire LBG
- Germany: Institut für sozialwissenschaftliche Beratung GmbH
- Germany: Strategische Partnerschaft Sensorik e. V.